Friday, October 24, 2008

H&M Saturday Sketch and the Harvest Fair

I made this card for Heather's H&M Saturday Color and Sketch Chellenge. You can use either the colors suggested or the sketch and I used both this week! See the posting on Heather's blog here and join along in the fun! ETA: there is a prize to be won if you play along! so check it out!
I used the H&M Stamp set called 'Create A Bulb' as well as a sentiment from the 'All I want for Christmas Sentiments' set. I love these colors together! I used Ocean Tides and Vintage Cream(PTI), Purely Pomegranate and Handsome Hunter (SU) and the Designer Paper is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding.
Here is the sketch and the colors There are keyword codes inside the circle for you to use if you post your card on SCS. HMSC19 for the sketch and HMCC20 for the colors.
A reminder - that Heather has reduced the prices on all of her stamps so be sure you hop over and take a look at all her wonderful sets at the lower prices!

If you've been reading the last few posts on my blog - you know that I've been preparing for my church fair this week - well it opened tonight 7-9 PM and will be open tomorrow 9am-2pm.
Here are a few pictures for you.

These are the official greeters to shoppers as they enter the church building.This is the Bake Table - Yum!- Dibby and Cathy are selling tonight with the able assistance of their granddaughters. We also had a pie social downstairs with pie, ice cream and beverages.

And here is the D'Vine Card Table - Jeannine, me and Elizabeth - we make everything on this table - all stamped in some way or another! The three of us also run monthly Card Stamping workshops where everyone makes 4 cards - all supplies and instructions included with the $10 charge - with profits going to the church.Here are baskets of cards and some altered journals. You can see other things I made for this table on my two posts below this one.
This is my God-daughter, Eden, on the right - she will be 3 in two weeks and her 7 year old brother, Destin, on the left (with a removable tatoo on his cheek!). They loved checking out all the toys on the White Elephant table downstairs.

We have a Country Store table at our fair - where they sell bakery bread, home made Boston Baked Beans, Chili, candy, Cider and other items. This is just before we opened - so no people yet!

Above is the Holiday Table where they have mostly Christmas decorations - and lots of them some home made and some store bought and altered!

And this is the Knit Table - where you can find all the latest styles in hats, mittens, scarves and afghans - all very reasonably priced and home made!

We also have a used book table, a jewelry table and a candy table at our fair. We have a lot of fun for the two days of this event!

So - I'm off to bed (phew - long day!) and I'll be up early to get back over there to sell tomorrow - Hopefully we'll have a good crowd - you never know - but the weather is supposed to be sunny until the afternoon so that's good!

Thanks so much for dropping by - and remember to check out Heather's Saturday Sketch challenge - we'd love to have you participate!

Stamps: Create a Bulb, All I want for Christmas Sentiments: H&M Stamps
Paper: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream: PTI, Handsome Hunter, Purely pomegranate: SU, DP: Basic Gray Figgy Pudding
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Purely pomegranate:SU, Colorbox Pigment Silver, Ocean Tides PTI
Accessories: star punch, oval punch, weathered stripes folder Cuttlebug, Foam dimensionals

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Julie, Great card using the BG Figgy Pudding! WOW! Your church fair looks sooooo fun!!!! P.S. Your God-daughter and her brother are simply a-dorable!!!

LeAnne said...

Wow, love that card, that Figgy looks great with it! I wish I could come to your fair!
LeAnne

Bev J. said...

I love going to holiday craft fairs and they don't have any close to me anymore. Yours looks like so much fun. tfs

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super card and TFS the photos of the Church Bazaar. Wish I lived close enough to come!

Deb Wood said...

Fabulous card!! Wish I could have come to your craft fair, looks like fun!! The kiddies are just adorable!!

Jami said...

Love your card - those colors are great!!

What a fabulous fair - I'm drooling over the knit table! And look at all those wonderful cards and projects you guys had!!! WOW!!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

Your card is wonderful as ususal! Thanks, Julia, for sharing all of the fun and preparation that went into your sale, etc. Your God children are precious too!

dpkennedy said...

That Basic Grey Figgy paper is one of my favorites! Love your card! Now that bake/craft sale is right up my alley...wish I was there!! Hope you had a great time!

Linsey R said...

How very fun!! I wish I were closer because I totally would have been there clearing out your craft table and probably that wonderful bakery table too, yummo! :) It looks like a wonderful time! I think you are such a great person to give your time and share your talents with others and give back to your church! You are a true blessing in every meaning of the word! The kids are darling! TFS these wonderful pics with us, Julia! hugs~